Job posting Intervention Worker: Anne’s House
Number of Hours: 20-30 hours per week & weekend shifts.
Hourly wage: To be discussed.
Experience: Strong knowledge of Health and Social
Education Requirement: Completion of collegial DEC and or university
Start date: May 2017
Description of Anne’s House:
Anne’s House is a social housing residence located in the Shaughnessy Village offering affordable apartments for 30 women. These women are individuals who have suffered with homelessness and or risk of homelessness, mental health issues and victims of conjugal violence. The residence allows for autonomous living with additional supportive programs to help with reinsertion back into the community. Anne’s House has 2 community kitchens, art room, computer access, sewing machines, and yoga. As well we provide assistance and support and offer programs and services that are adaptable to each individual with the focus on empowerment and cooperation.
- Support case workers in assisting and servicing residents. Maintain resident records and counseling notes.
- Empowering the client to move forward at their own pace, facilitating independence & creativity
- Assist in identifying the needs of the individual residents,
- Make referrals to appropriate community resources when necessary
- Maintain confidential information within guidelines established by Communaute Nazareth Inc.
- Capable to complete client records, daily activity logs, and other reports as directed.
- Experience in the implementation and maintenance of professional boundaries.
- Take appropriate action to deal with any emergency situation.
Additional Skills, Abilities & Requirements:
- Capable of working with a team, and autonomously; strong skills with follow up
- The Support Worker will be required to deal with persons who may become difficult or irate.
- Be able to work flexible hours and provide availabilities that include weekends.
- Have experience in writing case notes
- Minimum 2 years’ experience. A Bachelor’s Degree in psychology, social work, or a related field is required.
- Bilingualism required
- Driver’s license required.
Applications can be made by sending an email with a letter of intent and curriculum vitae. Only the candidates that are considered will be contacted for an interview.
Contact person: Jennifer Willard- Project Manager Anne’s House – email@example.com